I came across this blog today and thought you might find it interesting. Should help you understand “Blog Speak“. For some reason he has the page set so that it automatically clicks to his homepage, don’t be fooled you will have to click back. Kind of annoying!
The other day I was talking to a lawyer friend and she asked me how to promote her business on the internet?
Since every business is different and the business model for one in the same field can be different for another there are a few basics or first steps to think about. My first thoughts without seeing the website:
- The content of the site – should not be about you, but what can you do for me (the viewer looking for your services) and what sets you apart. Testimonials are great, examples about how you helped your clients without being too specific. How do you work? How long will it take?
- How focused and user friendly is the site – is the information easy to find, there is a rule nothing should be more than two clicks away.
- Do you get the results you want to see when searching for your business on the search engines? Where are the SE’s getting the information on your site for their listings?
- There are key word reports that list how people search and what terms they are using. With this information you can focuse the content without sounding corney.
- How often is your site updated? Do you personally refer clients to use your website as a working tool? If someone (a client) has a legal question would they think to go to your website for the answer? Books on the subject, links to information on the internet. Your website could become the hub for expert opinion.
- As a lawyer, most of your clients may be local, where do you rank for a local search? Are you in the local directories? When someone does a local search and your name is listed what page do they come to? .
- While your doing the tuneup on your website, start some online news and press releases that will link back to your site. Check out PRWeb http://www.prweb.com/. Make sure you truly have news or something to report.